Some recipes simply make me completely soar for pleasure. And this caramel cake is a type of recipes. It can make you soar for pleasure too, while you style it. Two layers of probably the most tender low carb vanilla cake with a wealthy glaze of sugar-free caramel. That is keto dessert heaven.
And I don’t say that flippantly as a result of I make quite a lot of heavenly keto desserts. I’ve got a candy tooth and I’m not afraid to make use of it. Nor am I afraid to get in there and try and make a keto model of conventional dessert-like Southern Caramel Cake. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, proper?
Why is it that this Canadian appears to like southern recipes a lot? Particularly southern dessert recipes. This keto cake recipe was impressed by the one from my buddy’s weblog, Grandbaby Desserts. Jocelyn is a genius with muffins and different desserts and she or he’s additionally a complete sweetheart in actual life. However, I’ll simply comply with her so I can salivate over her recipes after which try and keto-fy them. As a result of inspiration abounds from that quarter!
I made this attractive caramel cake recipe over the summertime and served it at a small 4th of July gathering. So why am I simply sharing it with you now?
Nicely the summertime was lengthy and scorching and who needs to be heating their kitchen throughout a warmth wave? Am I proper? But also, I wanted to get my up to date Sugar-Free Caramel Sauce recipe in place earlier than I might share this magnificence with you. Which took me some time as a result of I wished to create a how-to video for the caramel sauce.
And at last, it occurred to me that that is such an incredible keto vacation dessert, particularly in the event you aren’t a pumpkin or pecan fan.
TIPS FOR MAKING KETO CARAMEL CAKE
- The cake itself is solely an almond flour-based mostly vanilla cake, though it does have a little bit of coconut flour in it for higher texture. I discover that these two work to create one of the best cake-like consistency.
- Sure, the cake additionally comprises protein powder. As I’ve mentioned about one million occasions, protein powder helps keto baked items rise and maintain their form within the absence of gluten. You need to use egg white protein as a substitute. Try my primer on the science of baking with almond flour for more information.
- Having all your elements at room temperature is a should. It does you no good to melt your butter correctly after which to dump in chilly eggs, inflicting the butter to clump up once more!
- The glaze for this sugar-free caramel cake is solely a double batch of my Sugar-Free Caramel Sauce, however, you permit out the additional water on the finish. This helps it thicken up extra and change into a spreadable frosting. Will probably be fairly liquid when it’s heated so you should let it cool correctly earlier than attempting to frost your cake.
- The caramel sauce isn’t laborious to make however in the event you discover it too thick or too skinny, you possibly can nonetheless rescue it. For the skinny caramel sauce, add a tablespoon or two of powdered erythritol similar to Swerve Confectioners. For the overly thick sauce, stir in some water whereas stirring over low warmth. Only a tablespoon or two ought to do it.
- The up to date sugar-free caramel sauce makes use of BochaSweet, which is a part of why it stays so comfortable and doesn’t re-crystallize. Sadly, due to the recognition of a few of my recipes made with this sweetener, they’ve offered out on Amazon and their web site is taking backorders. Hopefully, they may clear this up quickly! You sub in xylitol or allulose instead. See the notes within the recipe for extra particulars.
- It is a RICH cake, coming in at a whopping 388 energy and 35g of fats per serving. I set the servings at 12 however it could simply lengthen to 16, particularly in the event you serve it with a little bit keto vanilla ice cream!
This sugar-free caramel cake is so good, it would simply go away you speechless. Typically I amaze even myself. And that’s an excellent factor.